Here today!


TRAVELING HOME

Welcome to my blog. For me this is a journal and a place to share my photos, reads, thoughts, and missives.

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Best Spring!


I visited the Japanese Garden here in Portland last week. It is a place of serenity.




Sculptures by the famous artist Isamu Noguchi

Mt Hood in the background
























This morning our yard has irises making their showy display and the first peonies, although these that I photographed are a variety that is new to me.




On our porch, a basket of edible salad plants and
a bright cheery dahlia

The first hydrangea to bloom











3 comments:

  1. Nice pictures! Edible salad plants.... hmm.... will have to try that out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, my roommate took a one day class at a local plant nursery to create the basket. I'm cuttting some greens today for a salad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing the photos. The flowers are just starting to come out here, so it's nice to know what I have to look forward too!

    ReplyDelete